On December, 13 2015 we’ve held a whole day live event dedicated to all things Azure. 8 speakers from Belarus, Ukraine and Russia presented on a wide array of topics from working efficiently with Azure storage and Service Bus to trendy container and microservices technologies to usage analytics with Application Insights and Mobile Engagement.
Here’s the full list of topics and presenters:
- Fine tuning Azure Service Bus by Pavel Sokolov
- First look at Application Insights by Andrei Dzimchuk
- Azure storage and how to get the most out of it by Anton Boyko
- Visual Studio 2015 for web, cloud, containers and everyone of us by Vladimir Yunev
- Implementing Microservices using Azure Service Fabric by Alexander Laysha
- High availability in the hybrid cloud using Azure Traffic Manager by Dmitry Lazarenko
- Windows Server 2016 containers by Dzmitry Durasau
- Personalizing mobile apps with Azure Mobile Engagement by Anton Shunkov
I was talking about Application Insights and how it can help us get a better understanding of what's happing in our applications and how they are used. I demo'ed different kinds of events and correlation between them, built-in and custom metrics, client side and usage analytics and availability tests. I also covered integration aspects and how we can send our applications logs and traces to Application Insights so they become part of the whole telemetry that is gathered, analyzed and presented by the service.